Template

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

2 Month Check Up

Today I took Santiago to the doctor for his two month checkup. He had to get 4 vaccinations - 3 shots and 1 oral. Let me tell you...my boy can scream! He did not like the shots one bit but luckily the screaming didn't last long. As soon as I picked him up to love on him, he stopped crying and quickly fell asleep. Thank goodness! Santiago now weighs 13 pounds 10 ounces and is 24.5 inches long. He is in the 90% for both length and weight. I told you we have a big boy!!
The pediatrician was pleased with the how Santi is looking. The first thing she said was "Wow look at the symmetry in his eyes!" Before surgery he was a little asymmetrical but he is looking better every day. His incisions are healing nicely too and the stitches are almost all gone. I can't believe it has been two whole weeks since surgery. I am glad to have it behind us!
Santiago is such a happy baby and we are very blessed! He is cooing a lot these days and loves to kick and wiggle around. He can hold up his head really well and he is getting real strong. He smiles a lot and is on the verge of laughing out loud. A couple times he has made this sound when he is smiling that sounds like "uhhhh uhhhh." I'm not sure if that's his laugh or not but it sure is funny! I laugh when he does it, then he smiles and grunts some more making me laugh harder. It's the domino effect! He probably thinks I am crazy.

2 comments: