Template

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Taste of Summer

I had the Monday after Easter off from work and it was a wonderful little taste of summer and what it would be like if I were a 'stay at home' mom. Santiago and I had a very busy day - we took Roxie to the groomers, dropped off clothes at the cleaners and went up to my school for a short while so that I could cover my walls for TAKS testing and level a few more titles for the leveled bookroom. My friend Kathy came to Greenwood while we were there also and we had a nice short visit while she played with Santi and I did my work. After that, Santi and I came back home and he napped for about an hour and half then woke up to eat lunch. After lunch we headed to the public library for Lapsit. Lapsit is a sing-a-long/story time/play group for babies 0-18 months. I used to go quite frequently last summer with Santiago and it was fun to go back now that he is a little older and can walk around and play with the toys. My friend Angela came with her son Christian and she brought a friend and her son, Carter. Angela and Christian went with us last summer also - Christian is only 2 weeks older than Santiago and about the same size as him. It was fun to see these two pistols together again. Angela is expecting a sweet baby girl in July and I can't wait to meet her new little one! Here's the three boys sharing Santiago's yogurt melts. I couldn't believe I got all three toddlers to sit still long enough to take a picture where they are all semi-looking at the camera! Santi and Christian both know how to say "more" in sign language and it was cute to see them both doing it at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment