Template

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sick Santi

Santiago is sick with a virus of some kind. I count my blessings that we made it to 16 months without getting anything more than a running nose and one ear infection when he was 9 months old. He woke me up at 2 am on Thursday night/Friday morning and I brought him to bed with us. He wanted some juice so I got him a drink and then he went to sleep. I knew he was hot at that time but I didn't take his temperature until he woke up again at 6:30ish. His temperature was a little over a 100 at that time so I thought maybe his teeth were giving him a little fever. By 11 am Friday, the underarm thermometer read 102.7 so I called the doctor and we went in at 2. The pedi looked him over and tested him for the flu and strep throat and also took a urine sample so we could rule out a bladder infection. All came back negative and she said he just has something viral and it would have to run its course. If his temperature doesn't improve in 5 days, we will need to go back. I learned from the doctor that when you take a temperature under the arm you have to add a degree to whatever it reads so Santiago's highest true temperature yesterday was 104.1. Tylenol works wonders and he laughs and plays but when it wears off he fades fast. He slept alot yesterday and slept great through the night and today his temperature has gone down to 101. I hope he keeps improving. It's not fun to see him this way! I also need him totally recovered by July. Here is what my poor little man looks like when the tylenol is wearing off. I was trying to get him to eat some jello, applesauce or malt-o-meal. He will only eat a little at a time but he is drinking a good amount of juice and water. Feel better my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment