Template

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

I hope everyone has had a very Merry Christmas and is looking forward to a new year!  It has been a long while since I blogged last - Thanksgiving was my last post.  A lot has been going on that has been keeping me away from the computer.  Soon I will share all the happenings of the Ornelas family but for now - let's talk Christmas!  Although Christmas is truly about the birth of Jesus and that is the main celebration, we really enjoyed watching Santiago recieve gifts from all the people who love him so dearly.  Having him in our life really lights things up!  Thank you Lord for giving us such a wonderful son.  Santiago really got into tearing open the paper on the presents this year and even said "MORE MAMA and MORE DADDA" a few times!  It was really a lot of fun!  He is one spoiled little boy though....we had 3 Christmas's.  We made a trip to Midland during our first week off from school and other than me catching a horrible stomach virus, we had a wonderful time.  I sure love being with my family and it is always hard to say goodbye.  I cry everytime!  I'm almost 30 years old and I don't think I will ever stop crying when I leave my family! I love my life in Spring but I wish I could be closer to my family and still have Hector's family close by as well.  That would be the best of both worlds!  After spending several days in Midland, we drove back home to go to Christmas Eve mass at our church and to wake up after Santa arrived on Christmas morning in our own house.  I want Santiago to have the same wonderful memories of waking up and running to the living room as I do as a kid and for Christmas morning.  It makes it a little difficult to see both sides of the family when you want to be home for Christmas.  We had a wonderful dinner at the Ornelas' house Christmas Eve and then returned to their house for breakfast after having our little family Christmas early in the morning.  I know Christmas mornings will probably get earlier and earlier as Santiago grows older.  Hopefully Santiago will like Santa Claus a little more next year....this year he was scared to death to sit in his lap! You would have thought we were torturing him!  This picture is a classic and something we will always remember!!

All in all we had a wonderful Christmas and it is wonderful to have 2 weeks off in order to travel like we want to over the holidays in order to see all our wonderful family members.  Sorry I missed seeing so many of you this Christmas being sick!  I wouldn't have wanted anyone to get it from me...it was terrible!  Love to everyone and enjoy the rest of your time this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment