Template

Friday, July 15, 2011

39 Weeks

1 week until the due date...I wonder if I will make it that far! Santiago came right on his due date - what are the odds of two babies arriving on their due date?  I'm hoping this little guy decides to make his appearance sooner rather than later!  I'm ready - I think! I'm nervous but very excited! I can't wait to see his sweet face....

I have been having contractions - Braxton Hicks - every day and today they have been constant all day.  They come and go.  Today they actually hurt some and were lasting longer but they have not increased at all - just slow and steady all day long.  I can feel it in my lower back and lower tummy and the tightness when it contracts is getting stronger.  The little guy moves alot after my belly loosens up as if he is saying "Get me out of here!"  I keep praying that things pick up just because this waiting game is getting harder!  We still have so much to do to prepare but I know it will all get done sooner than later!  The little man's room is not complete yet and I should probably at least pack my hospital bag! ha!
Santiago says he is ready to see "his" baby. He wants to give him one kiss- just one! haha!   He says he is going to help me get diapers and share his toys with the baby and I know he is going to be such a great helper.   I worry about him when I actually go into labor and how he will be when I am in the hospital.  He is such a momma's boy and its going to be hard on both of us to be away from eachother for a couple nights.  He has both sets of grandparents who he adores and although I don't have a definite plan for who will have him when it all does happen, I know he will be in good hands with whomever it is.  It's hard to plan when you don't know what time of day it will be or what everyone else will be doing at the time.  All I know is that everyone is ready to help out in any way they can and Hector and I greatly appreciate it!  This is an exciting time!  It's getting more and more uncomfortable for me and my body but it's all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment