Template

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gabriel - 2 Weeks

This morning Santiago went to his Nana and Dah's house while I took Gabriel to the pediatrician for his 2 week well check. Baby G had a really good check up and is doing great. He lost about 9 ounces of his birth weight but has gained it all back plus a little. He now weighs 8 lbs 12 oz and is 21.5 inches. That puts him in the 50% for weight and 78% for height and his head is in the 37% at 36.5 cm. Its amazing how tiny he seems after having such a big baby the first time. Santiago has always been in the 90+% for everything since birth! Dr. A gave me the go to stop waking Baby G up to nurse since he is eating well and gaining weight and has no signs of jaundice. I have to confess though - I haven't been waking him up at night at all for probably the last 5 nights because he sleeps so well at night. I don't want to jinx a good thing! I'm counting my blessings and enjoying my sleep when I get it. Life is different with a two and half year old and a newborn but I'm loving every minute of it!

P.S. Gabriel does not have craniosynostosis! Thanks everyone who prayed for my sweet baby throughout my pregnancy. It started and ended a little rough but everyone is great now!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Gabriel doesn't have craniosynostosis. That is one less worry you'll have.

    ReplyDelete