Gabriel turned two months on the 18th but we were in Midland visiting so I didn't get a chance to document his milestones yet. We went for his well check this morning and I think he is running a slight fever from his vaccines. He received three shots and one oral vaccine. He pretty much slept through the entire appointment. We had to wake him for Dr. A to look in his mouth and nose and after he was fully examined he fell back asleep until the nurse had to poke him for the shots.
Gabriel is growing well! He is in the 90% for height and weight and 50% for head circumference. He weighed 14 pounds and is 24.5 inches long. He actually weighs about a half pound more than Santi did at 2 months but they are/were exactly the same length. I am so pleased that Gabriel is eating and gaining so well with his reflux. He is doing better each day. He still has his episodes of spitting up but the doctor reassured me that some amount of spit up is normal and that Zantac won't stop the spitting up but will help control the reflux and make Gabriel comfortable. She said most babies grow out of reflux by 6-7 months and when I begin introducing solids I will see even more improvement if he hasn't weaned himself off the meds by then. She wants me to wait to introduce solids around 5-6 months because he is doing so well breastfeeding. We didn't have to increase his dosage of medication either because I am seeing improvement every day. Yesterday he even fell asleep on the couch on his own without having to be held or rocked. He used to scream every time we went anywhere in the car and now he is riding happily or falling asleep! Thank goodness.
Here are some of my little G man's latest:
- wears size 1-2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes. 6 or 6-9 month footed jammies!
- smiles and coos at familiar faces and voices
- no longer curls up in the fetal position when you hold him
- turns his head from side to side to follow you around the room
- can lift his head and chest off floor when on his tummy but doesn't like tummy time very much
- loves to smile at his brother
- NAM pacifiers are his friend
- eats every 3-4 hours during the day and can stretch about 6 hours at night.
-has a really good eat, be awake, sleep routine
- baby acne has cleared up
- may have eczema but the dr wants to wait until he is a little older to truly diagnose him because we have only had one incident on his arms that I think was an eczema breakout
**I'll add in Gabriel's official two month pictures later!**