Template

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

God Our Father Song

Tonight as Hector and I began our nightly bedtime prayer with Santiago with the sign of the cross, Santiago began to sing a song instead of our usual prayer routine.  It made me so happy to hear his sweet voice singing a prayer.  I had to listen real careful at first but then was able to hear the words.  I looked up the song and it is called "God Our Father" and is sung to tune of "Are You Sleeping"  It goes like this:

God our Father
God our Father
We thank You
We thank You
For our many blessings
For our many blessings
Amen
Amen



I can't wait to take him to Mother's Day Out on Friday and tell his lovely teachers that he taught us a new song that he learned from them.  Santiago also sings "Jesus Loves Me" and can pray to Good St. Anthony when something is lost.  The songs he learned from school and the prayer to St. Anthony is something I learned from my mom and it always helps find whatever is lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment