Template

Monday, December 7, 2009

Graduation Celebrations

This past week was such a nice treat for me. I don't quite know what to do with myself since I no longer have grad school work to do. I have to brag on my friends and my wonderful husband. Last Friday my first grade team planned a little party for me during our team meeting at the end of the day. They served chips, queso, cake and coffee. It was a fantastic way to end the week. It also snowed on Friday so that was a lot of fun with my students since most of them have never seen snow before. I left work pretty quick on Friday because I needed to pick Santiago up so his grandparents could get to a doctor appointment at 4. As soon as I got to their house one of my coworkers called me to tell me that I package had just arrived for me and that she thought it was too important to wait until Monday. I didn't know what it was or who it was from. When Hector called on his way home from work I told him about my package and he said he knew that I didn't get it before I left work so obviously it was from him. He knew it had been delivered at 3:45. Maybe if it wasn't snowing that day my package would have arrived earlier in the day - who knows! Hector has to pass by the neighborhood that my school is in on his way home from work so he decided he would swing by to pick up my package for me. Here is what he sent me:

Beautiful right? What was more beautiful was the card that came with it but I won't share that. I have the best husband - thank you for your support and love as I worked on my masters! I couldn't have done it without you Hector J! Friday evening we went to dinner at BJ's with the gift card my wonderful team gave me as a graduation gift. Thank you guys - it was delicious!

To top off my wonderful Friday - Hector surprised me on Sunday with lunch with his parents and Bianca and Matt at Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my masters some more. He told me that we were meeting some of our friends there for lunch and when we walked in I saw his family instead holding balloons and gifts. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in my life. I love you all! Thanks again :)

1 comment: