- wears 24 months or 2T in clothes, 7 W in shoes, size 4 diaper
- weighs about 28 pounds
- goes to sleep about 8:30 pm and sleeps until 7-7:30 am
- still takes a morning nap and most of the time takes an afternoon nap too
- can feed himself with a fork or spoon.
- can drink from a regular cup but we still give him a sippy or a cup with a straw
- holds hands palms up to say "I don't know"
- when he hears something loud or drops something he makes a "o" shape with his mouth and looks at you wide-eyed
- points at birds, planes, and the moon in the sky
- LOVES to be outside walking around, blowing bubbles, going for a stroller ride, etc.
- can say "outside" and "go outside"
- likes ketchup but we only give it to him very sparingly
- likes to read the same books every night and can find them on the book shelf no matter where they are - Truck Jam and Colors before his bath and Goodnight Moon right before bed.
- During the pop-up book Truck Jam - he points to his toes when you read "what luck a big tow truck" and know how to open and close the book slightly when reading "streets all bumpy, loads all jumpy" so that the truck looks like its bouncing in the road.
- During Goodnight Moon, he points to everything you are saying goodnight to, meows at the two kittens, holds his fingers to his lips and blows when you read "the quiet old lady whispering hush", points to his hair when you read "goodnight air" and when I am finished with the book he turns around so that he can lay his head on my shoulder and goes to sleep.
- Wants me to rock him to sleep sometimes - he has always insisted on us to stand and sway but now he will point to the recliner so that we sit down with him
- Can put all the right shapes into the appropriate shape holes in his toys
- Loves to look at bikes
- loves to push things
- likes to blow raspberries on my shoulder or arm and then laugh
- can reach the doorknob when standing...won't be long until he can open the door himself
- can open cabinets and his dresser drawers and then pulls everything out
- Santiago just amazes us with how smart he is....this list could go on and on :)
Sunday, April 4, 2010
14 Months Old
Today Santiago is 14 months old! Here are some of his latest accomplishments: