Template

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Nice Weekend

Yesterday started out pretty raining and a little cold but after it cleared up....it was beautiful!  Santiago and I did a little shopping for his two special cousins that we get to go see next week in Midland and Hector and I went out to dinner to celebrate a friend's 30th birthday.  This morning, we got up and ate breakfast at the house and then headed to church.  Santiago has been getting pretty restless and little loud in church lately so half way through mass this morning I took him to the nursery.  He told me he wanted to go to school and play while we were in the lobby area of the church so I thought he would be ok going to the classroom where he spends two days a week at Mother's Day Out.  We walked over to the building holding hands and talking about how fun it was going to be but when I got him to the classroom door and walked him inside - the tears and screaming and clinging began!  I knew he would be just fine when I walked away but it was definitely hard to do.  Not to sound crazy or anything because I'm not - ha! - I could hear two little voices in my head as he cried and clung to me arguing about what I should do.  It reminded me of the cartoons where the little angel sits on one of the character's shoulder and the mini devil on the other and they try to persuade the character in their direction.  I knew I had to be strong so I asked for a hug and a kiss and he gave them to me while crying and I walked away.  When we went after mass to pick him up, he was completely happy!  Phew!  I think we are going to start taking him to the nursery during mass for now on - at least for awhile.  It was nice to go back in church and be able to totally focus on mass. 

After mass, we ran into some of our friends who have a daughter Santi's age who was also in the nursery but in a different room and they invited us to go to the park to let the kids play.  The church park was locked up so we headed to the neighborhood behind ours to play at their nice park.  It was nice to catch up with them a bit and watch the kids play together.  We definitely need to do that more often. 

The rest of the day was spent eating meals, napping and playing outside on Santi's tractor and tricycle.  He loves to be outside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment