Template

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Weekend

Last weekend Santiago and I traveled with Travis to the lakehouse to spend time with my family and for Erin and Shawn's wedding.  The best part of weekends like these are the love felt being surrounded by family.  There is nothing like it! 

When we went to Midland about a month ago during Spring Break, Santiago didn't want me to have anything to do with his new baby cousin Easton.  This trip was totally different and I'm really glad because Spring Break made me a little worried about how he would adjust to the arrival of his baby brother in July.  He didn't want me to hold Easton or anything and this trip he asked so many times to hold baby Easty.  It was really sweet to see his eyes light up around the baby.  He was very curious about what Easton was doing during the course of the weekend.
I know it will be an adjustment for everyone when when our new baby arrives.  Don't get me wrong, its going to be a great adjustment as we learn our new normal, but this trip sure put me more at ease knowing Santi loves his sweet cousin and he will love his little brother just the same or more!   

While we were at the lake, we did many of the things we always do, except swim because the water is still too cold.  We went on boat rides....


 Climbed trees.....

 And spent precious time with people we love....

 And of course had an Easter egg hunt.  Santiago wanted to open each egg as he found it to check out the goods and Blake wanted to find as many eggs as possible! We had fun!!


When Saturday evening arrived, it was time to go see more family and friends at Erin and Shawn's wedding.  Erin looked absolutely beautiful and it was a gorgeous occasion watching two people who are so meant to be together tie the knot.  It was a very simple and elegant wedding that I thought fitted Erin perfectly.  It was completely her.  Beautiful!
 
Here are my amazing parents who I admire so much.



Santiago and my Uncle Scott. 


 Santiago and Blake - I couldn't catch them both looking at the camera!
 Pappa and his first two grandkids! I love this picture.
 My cousin Olivia and me.
 Blake and Santiago along with Grandma and Pappa were the first ones to hit up the dance floor.  They had a blast and I think everyone loved watching them as well.  They were super cute dancers!

Here is my beautiful Grandmother Hazel with me in front of the wedding cakes.  She said something to me about the cakes that I will never forget!
 And here's my gorgeous little man giving me some love. 
 Last but not least - this lit up longhorn was on the grounds of La Hacienda where the wedding reception was held.  We had to take Santi's picture by it for his daddy!  Hook 'em Horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment