Template

Thursday, May 19, 2011

30 Weeks

Tomorrow I will be 31 weeks pregnant! Almost 8 months - holy moly! Hector took these pictures of me last Monday when I had my 30 week doctor appointment and ultrasound. I was 30 weeks and 3 days.

I feel really big and people are beginning to tell me more and more that I have been really "popping" out lately.  My body feels it!  I have gained 21 pounds total and I feel like I am carrying this baby a little lower than I carried Santiago at this time.  I feel the pressure in my hips, tailbone and back all the time.  My blood pressure is always on the normal-low side when I go in and the baby's heartrate tends to stay in the 140s.  Monday it was 146.  Feeling how the baby moves inside and seeing how my body changes all the time really makes me understand the definition of the word miracle.  I truly think it is a miracle that a woman can grow a baby inside.  AMAZING!
 
Santiago is getting really excited about having a baby brother and he wants to hug and kiss my belly all the time.  When you ask him what the baby's name is or what it should be - he always replies "Baby Easton" or "Easty Ray"  When I tell him that Easton Ray is his cousin's name and his mommy is Aunt Alli, then he says "two Easty Rays."  It's really quite funny!  At this time we are still undecided on a name for our new baby boy.  Soon enough we should figure it out! 
 
At the ultrasound appointment, the baby did not cooperate very well.  He didn't want to show us his face or his boy parts.  We wanted a second confirmation even though the 20 week ultrasound was pretty convincing that this baby is a boy.  The baby is already head down but the doctor said there is still room for him to flip around although he didn't think the baby would be turning if he was already down at this time.  His head pretty much sits toward my left hip area or on my bladder! I constantly feel jabs in my left hip and in my right ribs.  It was cool to see that it has been his hands or elbows jabbing me down low and his feet or knees jabbing me along my ribs or under my ribs.  He is facing toward my back instead of my belly and that is why we couldn't get a good frontal shot.  We could already see that he has a head full of hair though!   I can rub his little back along my right side quite often because he pokes his whole body out.  The ultrasound pics that we got on CD did not turn out too exciting at all, but we did learn that we already have a big boy!  He is one ounce bigger than Santiago was at 30 weeks and the ultrasound predicted that he will come in weighing anywhere from 8 lbs 8 oz to 10 lbs.  I do not have gestational diabetes so big babies must be in our genes.  Santiago weighed 9'2 and Dr. W thinks this baby will be very similar if not bigger in size.  He said that I may need to be induced a week early.  My due date is July 22nd so if we decide to induce as time gets closer, I may have a new little boy in my life around July 15th.  We can't wait!!  At this point in time I would rather let nature run her course and go in labor on my own, but if the Dr. thinks we should induce for sure later on, I will most likely go with his expertise and do it.  He says with second deliveries, your body will most likely remember what to do and won't fight it.  I don't want to go through active labor, even with an epidural, and then end up having a c-section.  So we will just have to wait and see what happens!!  So here's to the next 8-9 weeks of pregnancy and to the arrival of a very special little boy!  He has many excited family members waiting to meet him and love him and we are truly blessed with our growing family!

1 comment:

  1. You look so much like your beautiful mommy in these pictures! Makes me miss the mcclanes! It's amazing to hear you describe a pregnancy experience so similar to mine with brewer here now- I can't believe that just a few months ago we were waiting anxiously to meet our little man! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete