Template

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Visit to Frank Elementary

Today my wonderful first grade team invited Santiago and me to school to celebrate my birthday. They ordered lunch from Jason's Deli and made birthday brownies for me. It was absolutely wonderful to go back to work for a few hours to see my awesome coworkers that I miss so much. I feel truly blessed to work at the school I work at - it is my second family. Santiago was held by a few teachers at school, admired by many teachers and Glory had him laughing out loud for a good while. It was precious!

I also spent about 30 minutes with my first grade students and got to see how much they have grown and how smart they have become while I have been gone. Kristine, the wonderful teacher teaching my class, has done such an amazing job with them and I am so thankful to have her there. The kids made me cards and they made Santiago four books so he can become as smart as they are. They made him an ABC book, a shape book, a sport number book and a fruit color book. So cute! Kristine had them laminated and she tied them with cute bows. I will treasure these books forever and always think of my sweet students and the wonderful teacher that made them for Santiago whenever I read them to him.
This is how Santi felt when we got home. He was starving so after eating, he fell fast asleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment