Template

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So Embarrassed

Today I went to run a few errands with Santiago. All I really needed to do was go to PetCo to buy Roxie her food but ended up going to Old Navy also. Santiago was awake and happy so I just carried him instead of lugging him in the carseat. Well we had a nice time walking through and admiring the nice clothes at Old Navy. I didn't buy anything... Then we went next door to PetCo and as I was waiting in the only open line to checkout - Santiago decided to embarrass me! There were 3 people in line in front of me and 1 behind me. A kind lady in front of me offered to set my bag of dog food on the counter for me since she could tell my hands were full with Santi and the bag. So I handed off the bag and thanked her and Santi let out a loud squeal so then everyone in the line turned to look at us. They smiled. (I'm sure because he is just the cutest boy in the world and he makes such sweet sounds all the time now.) Well then it happened. Santiago decided to have an explosion in his pants. Santiago is a very loud pooper normally but this was a very loud one! But that's not the embarrassing part. As he was finishing, I could feel some warmth on me so I looked down to see his bright yellow poop squirting out of his diaper and shorts onto my shirt, running down my shirt, down my shorts and leg and making a HUGE puddle on the floor! My eyes filled with tears because I was so embarrassed. I didn't know if I was going to laugh or cry. I looked at Santiago's face and he just had a huge smile for me so I started laughing! The lady behind me looked like she was going to throw up. I apologized to her as I bent down to get baby wipes out of my bag to clean up the floor. The guy working the cash register had no clue what happened so I just asked him if he could call for cleanup. Then he said, "Does the baby have an upset stomach?" and I just smiled and said yes. That was easier than trying to explain. I cleaned it up the best I could....I know they are used to dogs peeing or pooping on the floor...I wonder if this is the first time a baby did it?!? Luckily I had a change of clothes in my diaper bag for Santi so after changing him and checking out we headed home.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Katie, I can just PICTURE this!! I'm laughing hysterically, and I'm sorry it's at your expense! I cannot even imagine the embarrassment, but at least no one can blame you- he is a precious baby after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, good thing he wasn't in his car seat! Imaging cleaning that mess... Been there couple times.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete