Template

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

18 Months Old

A year and a half...18 months...my oh my! I can't believe that's how old Santiago is!  We went for his well check today and they were shocked about how big he is and how much he talks.  He even attempted to say our pediatrician's name and she laughed! 

Here are all the awesome things he is up to these days:
  • Weighs 31 pounds 2 ounces, 34 inches tall (Dr. T says 34.5") He is in the 97% for height, weight and head circumference. 
  • Wears size 8 shoe, size 5 diaper, size 24 month or 2T clothes
  • Figured out how to pick his nose! ha
  • likes to drink from a regular cup but I still give him a sippy cup most of the time or a cup with a straw
  • will sit for a good amount of time watching Sesame Street or The Little Rascals
  • loves to be read to and can turn the pages of books
  • Talks a lot to himself while he plays - toddler talk
  • Says many real words  - mama, dada, Dah, nana, juice, shoes, bowl, ball, hat, wawa for water, uh oh, roxie but sounds like yocks-se, boa-buh is oatmeal, peas for please, doc-tor, wah for walk.... (that's all I can think of right now)
  • Can count in Spanish!! Uno, Dos, Tres... Dah is working on more (That's Grandpa)
  • Loves to climb on top of me and try to balance himself standing on my back if I'm laying on my stomach on the ground
  • Loves to push his train car around the house and ride on it - he can go forward and backward on it now
  • Is very ticklish and laughs hysterically when you tickle him
  • Rubs his tummy in a circle and says "Mmmm" when he is hungry and wants something to eat and also to tell you when something is yummy
  • Does a funny two syllable scream that means "up please" when he wants to be picked up
  • Loves to knock down block towers
  • Would eat fruit all day if we would let him
  • Adores Roxie and loves to pet her, cuddle with her, play with her, call for her, etc
  • When he begins to throw a fit, I tell him he needs to stop because I can't understand him when he is acting like that - he usually stops and calms himself down and then I can ask him what he needs or wants
  • Knows how to sneak things out of the fridge (especially grapes)
  • Is doing wonderfully after his surgery that was just a month ago

I'm sure all mothers say this but Santiago is the smartest little guy I have ever seen.  He amazes me each day and brings so much joy to our lives.  I don't know what we ever did without him.  He makes me a better person and I love him with all my heart.  I am so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment